Monday 17 July 2017

Papal Audience

"Papal Audience are held on Wednesdays if the Pope is in Rome, giving pilgrims and visitors the chance to "see the Pope" and receive the Papal Blessing or Apostolic Blessing from the successor of the Apostle Peter during their visit."http://www.papalaudience.org/. The tickets are free, check out more on their official website http://www.papalaudience.org/tickets.html

I arrived 9am at Vatican, an hour early before it said to start at 10am, however the crowd is quite thick already too when I came. (Tip: come at 8AM next time). I had a ticket but when I showed to one of the guards, he said, today's audience is free and may not need a ticket, just proceed to the audience area. So I did, I happened to find still a seat but the distance from where Pope is seated is quite far as you can see from the photo below.


papal audience, Pope Francis, Vatican city, pope, rome, italy


At 9:30 AM, the Pope will take his rounds around the barricade, which now I know, the best location to see him up close is to seat or stand where the barricade is and if you happen to be seated or standing with children or babies is a good chance that he might stop and greet the children. 





papal audience, Pope Francis, Vatican city, pope, rome, italy



papal audience, Pope Francis, Vatican city, pope, rome, italy

I ran away from my seat and went nearer the edges or barricade area to get a closer shot, of course, this photo was taken with the optical zoom.










As you can see in the clock, it started early....usually in Summer, it starts early 







after the mass, delegates from different parts of the world will take photo with the Pope




an hour after, the clouds were becoming gloomy...and it did rain!
I was blessed with Vatican rain from above!!

don't mess with the guards :)

papal audience, Pope Francis, Vatican city, pope, rome, italy
this is were the entrance starts, where security is strict, all bags are checked/scan like going into the departure gates in the airport


after the rain, floor is wet but I still want a photo before I exit, haha







spot the brides in their wedding dresses for wedding pictorials



Having attended Pope's audience was really a very unforgettable and a heart warming experience. I could not believe at first that I was seeing him, hearing his voice and being blessed directly from Vatican. Although, language may be barrier as not every words is translated from Italian to English, I have felt still his LOVE and BLESSINGS.

A bucket list that I am very proud I made it here on my own....so grateful to the Lord Almighty!

So, for those who wants to have this experience too...please make sure you add the Papal audience itinerary in your activities in Rome, I'm sure this is something you could never forget in your lifetime which I am now, proud to say, I saw Pope Francis in my own eyes and has been blessed straight from the Vatican City.




No comments:

Post a Comment